As stated before, I plan to build an e-commerce site which will give the user an opportunity to buy my client’s products. The easiest way to do this is by using a word press plug-in, here is a few of its features:
- Easy to install WordPress plugin
- Works with any standards compliant WordPress theme
- Plays well with other Plugins
- Supports regular WordPress widgets
- Utilizes shortcodes and template tags (just like WordPress)
- Works out-of-the-box with WordPress MU
- You can use your own HTML & CSS and have complete control over the look and feel of your. store
- Easy to modify templates
- Fully customizable checkout page
Quick look into what plugins to use:
WP e-Commerce is a WordPress plugin suitable for selling products, downloads or services online. Whether you sell 10 or 10,000 products. It is relatively easy to manage and you can quickly add products and organize the catalogue using the familiar WordPress interface.
Example of website using this plugin: http://rockyourcause.com/shop
This plugin is elegant, lightweight code built upon core WordPress functionality. It will allow me to create a unique store using built in widgets and short codes and offers detailed order and stock reporting via graphs and dashboard widgets.
Example of website using this plugin: http://www.becomeantique.com/